Truffle Hunting in the old oak forest midst the timeless vineyards !
After breakfast at Palazzo Sant'Angelo you will be welcomed at 9:00 am at our chosen 'Vineyard Estate' in the heart of one of the best DOCG wine producing region of Umbria. An expert truffle hunter and his dogs will take you for a stroll to the woods amongst century old oak trees to begin to sniff out the truffles ... it is something special to experience !
The summer black truffles (Tuber aestivum) can be found during the summer months. It has a delicate pungent aroma and is grated finely or pounded using a mortar and pestle and warmed in olive oil to accentuate its flavour. Once the hunt is done ... the bounty of truffles will be taken into the Estate's Kitchen where the cooking lesson will begin.
- The cooking class commences at 10:30 am and lunch is served with the dishes prepared during the class; the recipies represent traditional and seasonal Umbrian home-cooking accompanied by the Estate renowned wine.
- The menu consists of an 'antipasto' : bruschetta with the Estate's own organic extra virgin olive oil, truffles served with fresh toasted bread (crostini al tartufo); rosemary focaccia, baked aubergines and pecorino cheese.
- A first course of home made tagliatelle pasta served with a sauce of black truffles;
- As dessert : home-baked biscuits 'ciambelline' to accompany the Sagrantino Passito dessert wine !
- After Lunch there will be a tour of the Estate's Wine Cellar !
- Availability : from the end of May, June until Mid September, from Monday to Saturday ; weather permitting.
- Duration apprx. 4 and half hours, including 1 1/2 hours walk. Remember to bring comfortable shoes for walking;
- Group size : minimum of 2 people and maximum of 10;
Price per person : € 148.00